Survival Manuals and Preparation
Survival manuals and tactical guides can assist in basic training and survival methodologies. This includes unconventional techniques that are not necessarily relevant to current disasters, but can be applied when your group has been stripped to bare necessities.
Medical Prepper and Survival Manuals
CBRNE Guides and Manuals
Ammunition Ballistics Guides
Department of Defense Survival Guides
Navy Seals Training Manuals
US Army Combat Field Training and Survival Manuals
Field Active Training Documents
Firearm Field Guides and Manuals
Guerrilla Tactics and Guides
FEMA Guides and Manuals
Here are some Survival PDF Downloads that you might also find useful –
- FM 4-25-11 First Aid - While I suggest everyone take a dedicated first-aid class under qualified instructors, this manual by the U.S. Army is a good start for anyone wanting to learn life saving first aid skills.
- Army Ranger Handbook (2006) – I picked this manual up at a gun show a few years ago it’s loaded with info on demolitions, booby traps, communications, patrolling, movement, battle drills, combat intelligence and other info.
- Principles of Home Canning – Excellent (and free) guide to canning your own produce. Did I mention that it is free? I like that word – Free…
- A Guide to Raised Bed Gardening – The title says it all. Great book, if you must garden in a small area or have poor soil.
- FM 3-06 Combined Arms Operations in Urban Terrain - Combat techniques for an urban environment, including target engagement, situational awareness, crossing open areas, movement past windows, movement within a building, fighting positions etc. I hope you never need any of this but here it is just in case…
- Get Tough - How to win in hand-to-hand fighting. As taught to the British commandos and the U.S. armed forces W. E. Fairbairn.
- FEMA Are You Ready? - An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness (IS-22) FEMA’s most comprehensive source on individual, family, and community preparedness. Provides information on specific hazards including what to do before, during, and after each hazard type.
- Vegetable Gardening in Containers - Practical tips and techniques for container gardening including variety selection, planting information, and common problems.